You already know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day — but did you know that eating certain foods can actually help you relax? Unless you are just too jittery to eat, or have the Jewish custom to fast on your wedding day, you can treat yourself and your bridesmaids to a simple brunch that will keep everyone calm, cool, and well-fed.
With this in mind, a perfect wedding day breakfast would include some of the following good-for-you foods:
- Blueberries and orange juice: rich in vitamin C, which has been shown to reduce stress
- Yogurt: the live cultures in it can help settle an upset stomach
- Whole-wheat toast: full of vitamin B, which helps ease anxiety
- Chamomile tea: promotes relaxation.
- Bananas: Contain Vitamin B6, are easy to digest and have been shown to produce digestive-enhancing mucous, helping to protect your stomach against acid.
- Applesauce: Easy to digest, will provide for a quick boost of fructose sugar that can boost your mood.
- Vanilla Bean: Soothing, calming and relaxing. Vanilla has an intense smell that seeps into your bones and makes you feel good.
- Dark Chocolate: Chocolate contains a neurotransmitter known as anandamide that has the ability to alter dopamine levels in the brain, causing a sense of peace and relaxation.
- Oatmeal with milk: Eating complex carbohydrates such as oatmeal with a protein source such as milk helps to boost serotonin levels in the brain which can reduce anxiety.