You’d think if MSNBC was going to post a quiz to test whether you need marriage counseling, they would at least put more than 2-minutes thought into it. But apparently not.
There are only 5 questions (answer true or false) to find out if your marriage “needs help,” and they are:
1. My partner says help is “psychobabble” but I am really unhappy.
2. If only I could get through to my partner I think we would be okay.
3. I want to stay married for our children but can’t take this much longer.
4. When we let problems surface and talk, they seem okay for a while.
5. We took a course and it really helped but there is more to do.
OK, now it seems to me you don’t need to be a marriage counselor to know that if a couple answered “true” to any of those statements, they need help. The only iffy one is number 4 (When we let problems surface and talk, they seem okay for a while) , but the “for a while” should clue you in that all is not well…
Is it just me, or are people just getting dumber and dumber these days?